Also, could all projects please reply to us with which stable version of their software should be included in this release. Ideally, projects should provide debian packages for this release.
- 08 Jun 2014 All new applications installed, most old applications updated
- 07 Jul 2014 Feature Freeze (all apps updated)
- 27 Jul 2014 User Acceptance Test (all apps installed and working)
- 17 Aug 2014 Final ISO sent to printers
Moving to Lubuntu 14.04 LTSOSGeo-Live 8.0 will be built upon the recently released Lubuntu 14.04 Long Term Support release (it was previously based upon Xubuntu 12.04 LTS).
- Lubuntu, which is a LXDE based Ubuntu linux distribution, is light weight. This means it runs faster, with less memory and disk requirements which will improve the OSGeo-Live user experiences and allow us to fit a little more onto a DVD.
- Moving to the 14.04 LTS release will help bring all applications up to the latest software, but will likely result in a number of applications needing to apply updates to address new dependency issues.